Friday, April 15, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes



This trailer makes me wish it's August already! If you don't know what it is, it's the prequel to Planet of the Apes. The movie adaptation was first made in 1968 with a remake in 2001. I expect to not see mistakes that were made in previous Planet of the Apes movies, among some of them, non-human apes were portrayed walking upright with a human gait. All the non-human apes in this movie will be CGI so I expect the designers to have done their homework. Though one seem to wonder, did these non-human apes (from the movie) evolved a bipedal gait just like those of human? What do you think?

Are you as excited as I am about this movie? I am interested to see how this movie portray the ethnics and "consequences" of primate testing in labs. I think I might Netflix the previous movies before I watch this one in August.

1 comment:

emi said...

Mmmh … I am sceptic …this does not seem that kind of movie firmly taking care of the scientific aspects … I mean, science fiction is “fiction”, but we know there are different ways and levels to rely on scientific information when developing a novel (I think Isaac Asimov is a rare and famous case in which narrative is strongly science-based). Generally the “efforts to make it real” are minimal … films with Cebus in Africa, or platyrrhine living monkeys changing in catarrhines dead skeletons are pretty naïve results … But even when a proper scientific framework is tentatively considered, the constraints of the show (marketing, business) make these attempts even more doubtful. After “Avatar” a lot of blogs and forums discussed the many … excesses!